Thursday, November 19, 2009

Life before RCIA and encountering the Lord

Before my Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) journey, I thought I was living in a perfect world. I've spent almost 28 years of my life in the corporate world (1978 - 2006) chasing after worldly pleasures and gains. Making money, drinking, dining, smoking, ktv entertaining were the norm then. I saw nothing wrong with my life as I perceived I was making a "positive contribution" to the economy. I thought I was "sinless" as long as I commit no crime and did not harm anyone. However during the process of the RCIA journey, oh boy, did I realised that I was dead wrong. Not only was I destroying my health, I was also destroying relationship and my soul. I realised then what a great sinner I was.

My journey in the RCIA (Journey 54) lasted almost 15 months at the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour (OLPS) before I was finally baptised on 26th November 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment