Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sacrament of Confirmation (27 May 2007)


I received my Sacrament of Confirmation on 27th May 2007 from Archbishop Nicholas Chia at Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour assisted by Rev Fr Paul Goh.

Having led a paganish life prior to my baptism, I found it hard to adjust to my new life as a Catholic Christian. Besides adhering to the 10 Commandments, there are also many other "unwritten rules" that I had to observe in order to stay true to my new faith. Even after  my baptism and confirmation, I continued to feel empty inside somehow as I did not experience the presence of God in me. The Conversion Experience Retreat changed  my life and had  showed me the way to HIS kingdom!

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, and who judged me faithful enough to call me into his service even though I used to be a blasphemer and did all I could to injure and discredit the faith.  Mercy, however was shown me, because until I became a believer I had been acting in ignorance; and the grace of our Lord filled me with faith and with love that is in Christ Jesus."
                                                                                                                                   1 Timothy 1:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment