Thursday, November 19, 2009

Conversion Experience Retreat (30Aug-2Sep 2007)


I was invited by a friend to join him for a retreat he had signed-up as he needed a room-mate then. Since I was not working at the time, I saw no harm in joining him for the retreat with an open mind. I signed-up for the stay-in Conversion Experience Retreat 6 from 30 Aug ~ 2 Sep 2007, conducted by Rev Fr William Goh at the Catholic Spirituality Centre.

My Testimony
What I experienced during the retreat had totally changed and transformed my life. No words can attest or described the feeling of experiencing God's love and being touched by the Holy Spirit during that 4 special day.  My smoking addiction of almost 32 years "disappeared'"on the second day of the retreat, when I heard the word of God that we should treat our body as the Temple of God, without any withdrawal syndrome. Praise the Lord!  I've also never cried in my adult life, not even at my father's funeral when he died of cancer.  But during the process of Examination of Conscience, I realized how sinful I was and I cried for almost an hour and right into the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  The grace of the Lord has truly touched my heart. Alleluia! I would encourage anyone who wishes to experience God's love or who wishes to rejuvenate their spiritual life with the Lord to sign-up for the next available CER.

"Before attending the CER6, I felt like a porcupine, a rodent with sharp erectile bristles - horny and thorny. Dislike by people. But after a thorough and stringent process of the Examination of Conscience and Sacrament of Reconciliation during the retreat, I felt like a puppy. Born again and can be cuddled by anyone and being loved again."

No comments:

Post a Comment